20 Apr 20.04.2018 New Technology and innovation centre for start-ups to open in West London
20.04.2018 New Technology and innovation centre for start-ups to open in West London
Scale Space, a new £50m 200,000 sq. ft. technology and innovation centre for start-ups, will open in West London in 2019.
Scale Space, the development at White City, backed by Imperial College London and digital venture builder Blenheim Chalcot will be a base for over 2,500 entrepreneurs when it opens in 2019 and has been welcomed by the secretary of state for digital, culture, media and sport, Matt Hancock. The new technology and innovation centre will be located within Imperial’s new White City Campus and will be the place where technology and digital businesses innovate and grow, supporting economic development in the area.
Matt Hancock MP, secretary of state for digital, culture, media and sport, said: “This ambitious project will help cement London’s position as Europe’s tech capital and is another vote of confidence in our world-leading digital economy. We’re determined to make the UK the best place to start and grow a digital business, so it’s fantastic to see these two established institutions coming together to help the next generation of innovative talent flourish.”
The new base will be a destination for innovation, research and entrepreneurship and there will be space for corporations to establish their own innovation centres and be part of the Scale Space ecosystem.
Committed to make West London a strong destination for tech and digital businesses, Imperial College London and Blenheim Chalcot will also engage with the local community, and will be working with Onside to develop a state of the art youth zone in the area.
Professor David Gann CBE, vice-president (innovation), Imperial College London, said:
“We are delighted to announce our shared ambition with Blenheim Chalcot to create Scale Space. White City is a crucible for innovation and creativity, attracting the best talent and businesses. Scale Space is a fantastic addition to the growth of White City campus, providing tangible evidence of Imperial’s ambition and intent to create prosperity from deep science.”
Scale Space will;
- Address the challenge of businesses looking for the right environment for growth.
- Provide an affordable solution that has been engineered to encourage collaboration, networking and innovation.
- Provide space for corporates to house their digital innovation and data science centres.
- Provide space for early stage businesses in a shared facility as well as suites that start at 5,000 square feet to meet the needs of scale-ups as well as innovation centres for more established businesses.
- Be developed with on-site café, breakout spaces, event spaces and state of the art connectivity and provide laboratory space for those who need it.
- Be designed to support innovative businesses as they grow.